Parking the RV for winter? Fort Smallwood Secure Storage offers Curtis Bay MD camper storage to help our customers this winter. Since the chilly season is around the corner we want to share some of our top suggestions for storing this large item. What you need to know when storing over the winter, from the storage experts at our Curtis Bay MD storage facility.
Camper Storage Tips
- Park your RV with a wheel chock behind each back wheel. Using the brakes while in storage, can cause them to stick in the spring.
- The refrigerator door should be left open and the inside clear of all food. Moisture can build up when the door is closed and grow mold.
- A full tank of gas is preferred when leaving your camper in storage. Use a fuel stabilizer to keep sediment from settling.
- Replace seals around windows and doors to keep water out.
- Clean inside the camper and close the blinds. Sunlight can damage fabric so keep as much sunlight out as possible.
- Lastly, disconnect the battery. Cold weather drains the charge fast so keep it somewhere dry.
Parking the camper for winter can be tough, it is the last part of summer. With Fort Smallwood Secure Storage you can park your camper here until the next road trip. With these Curtis Bay MD camper storage tips you can relax this winter knowing your summer transportation is safe with us!
Need self storage for your other items? Our Curtis Bay MD storage facility has large drive up units to help with your next move and small storage units for those extra boxes of decorations. Call our experts to talk about what storage size works best for you or use the storage calculator on our website. Let us here at Fort Smallwood Secure Storage guide your possessions into the right storage unit!