When gearing up for cooler weather, start with organizing your belongings. Fort Smallwood Secure Storage in Curtis Bay MD has drive up storage units behind a gate and fence with a personalized keypad, so your belongings are safe. Our security is here to ensure your items are protected while in storage. Let us get you started with helpful self storage tips before you arrive. Learn how to pack for winter storage before cooler temperatures set in.
Self storage tips and solutions for Fall storage
- DampRid is a moisture absorbing product that is beneficial when the seasons change and temperatures fluctuate. Check out our other moving supplies in our office.
- Boats and kayaks retain a lot of moisture, even after sitting out to dry off. Leave this item uncovered, and supported off the ground to keep the boat moisture free.
- Wood furniture that sits outside all summer collects pollen and dirt, so before storing patio furniture, wash it with soap and water.
- Staining or painting your outdoor furniture will help it last next season. Use the correct method to wash the dirt off then apply a layer of paint.
- Patio sections at restaurants can take a beating, so before storage, remove rust by sanding it away and giving all the pieces a new coat of paint.
- Small businesses, like kiosks, etsy owners, etc. are planning for a busy holiday season and storing your extra inventory with us keeps your stock room organized.
Our Curtis Bay MD storage facility is here to assist businesses and families looking for seasonal storage. Fort Smallwood Secure Storage has drive up storage units that come in a variety sizes to suit your storing needs. Talk with one of our experts today to get started storing your gear for winter.