Storing a few boxes or teaming up with a roommate, storing over summer can be helpful for a successful start next year. Keep your school gear all in one location so you can move back in the fall without forgetting anything. Fort Smallwood Secure Storage has college storage tips to help you successfully pack up your gear at the end of the semester.
Before finals week, find an easy summer storage solution with Fort Smallwood Secure Storage. We are located in Curtis Bay MD just outside center city Baltimore MD. With our surrounding colleges like the Anne Arundel Community College and the Unites States Naval Academy right down the street, our storage location is ideal.
If you have questions about storing over the summer, reach out to our store manager for assistance.
College Storage Tips
- Stack books in small boxes and stand them up on their end. A large box, when overweight, has the tendency to break through the bottom. Leave the larger boxes for lighter things.
- Use bags to easily transport clothing and bedding. Wardrobe boxes are helpful if you plan on storing clothes you do not want folded.
- When packing up your college apartment, use bubble wrap for glasses and line your boxes to give your breakables extra protection.
- Allow your appliances like the mini fridge and ac unit, time to defrost and allow excess water to evaporate. Take the extra measure of leaving the fridge door open and a towel underneath both while in the storage unit.
- Before moving boxes into the storage unit, make sure everything has a label. If you are storing with a friend, color coordinating labels can be helpful.
For more packing tips and dorm room ideas, check out BuzzFeed’s article.
When you are looking for extra space in Curtis Bay MD, Fort Smallwood Secure Storage has the answers. Our storage units near Baltimore MD are secure, convenient, and available for rent now! Make your reservation online or talk with a store manager today.